Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2021

My Experience While Getting my Reward.

Kia Orana everyone, today I'm going to tell you about what my experience was like getting a reward.

Today was the day that us recipients were receiving our awards. There were two recipients from each classroom that were chosen by their teacher. Straight after lunch the recipients had to go to the hall to collect our awards. That's when butterflies rushed into my stomach, I was so scared at first, but when I arrived at the hall there weren't that many people there. 

That's when I forgot that only the parents/guardians could come, but it wasn't always like this because we used to have the whole school come and and watch us receive our reward but now it's only the parents. I don't really like it this way, but the only good thing I like about it is that we get snacks like donuts, muffins, chips, sandwiches and water. 

Anyways, it was time for the first class up and we started from Room 1 and upwards, the seniors were last. Everything went as usual, we clapped, they sat down and then it was time for the students in my class. The two people that got a award in my class were Peliasi and I. When I heard my name I couldn't stop myself from smiling because I was so proud and happy of myself. Once we had received our awards my mum came up and laid some leis on my neck. If you don't know what a lei is, it's basically lollies wrapped up in plastic wrap, but it doesn't have to be in wrap because you could also tie it onto a flower necklace.

After that, Mr Ramkalawan called up Papiloti and Yolanda, and then Miss Maude took a photo of us, then we walked off into our seats. But, it wasn't finished there, Mr Ramkalawan announced that there was one more award that he was giving away and it was sponsored by Dysart ITM. My friend was guessing that it was me but I doubted that, by surprise, it was me. Again I couldn't stop myself from smiling, I received my award and my older sister came up and handed me a block of chocolate. 

Finally, the recognition award assembly was over and it was time for some snacks. Papiloti and I quickly took some photos with our mums, and hurried to the snack table. After we stuffed ourselves with the lovely snacks we went to class and was informed by my other teacher that they went to the Herald Van, so we went over there too. I really enjoyed my day today, and thank you to my teacher, Mrs Petersen, for selecting me to receive this prize.

Feel Free to Comment :) Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment